Sunday 13 November 2016

The new energy approach: up Great Gable for Remembrance

We went to the top of Great Gable for the annual act of Remembrance. It is 100 years since the death of Siegfried Herford this year. He was one of the names read out. On the way there and back I was thinking a lot about the new way of teaching energy. Energy is held in stores. 8 possible stores have been identified. A start point and an end point are identified. Energy can move along one of 4 possible pathways to get from the start to the end. So climbing up the hill, I would say that I start with a chemical store and through the pathway of mechanical work that chemical store decreases and my gravitational store increases. I can also say that also by the thermal store in my body increases. This is probably through the heating by particles pathway.